Well it's not just headphones!
StoryPhones is a set of individual MP3 player headsets, a loud speaking MP3 player with microphone, and a USB base unit.
All of the players have rechargeable batteries so there are no more messy wires to tangle up or trip over. All StoryPhones products include the BookShelf software
with exclusive access to our educational download store. The possibilities of using StoryPhones to help develop children's listening,
communication and literacy skills are endless.
StoryPhones' unique features give all children, regardless of need or ability, access to audio resources.
Features (it's a long list...)
- Wire free, rechargeable MP3 headsets for listening anywhere, indoors or outside. (Each MP3 player is charged and ready to play out of the box with sample tracks included.)
- Foam pads that can't be picked off! (A row of teeth inside the moulding holds the foam pads tightly in place, they cannot be picked off. The only way these can be removed is by loosening the screw and removing the plastic moulding).
- Very robust and easy to use. Children can play/pause, adjust the volume and move through the different tracks. (Our headsets are designed to twist and bend and stand up to the constant use of little hands)
- All of our MP3 players come with over 30 audio tracks including stories, songs and listening games. (learn more) (learn less)
- Three Little Pigs from StoryPhones
- Why the Sun and Moon Live in the Sky from StoryPhones
- Curly and the Cherries from Pearson's Rigby Star
- The Billy Goats Gruff from Yellow Door
- Big Sisters Clothes from Storynory
- How Prince Bertie Becomes Bertie the Frog from Storynory
- Lazy Jack from Storynory
- The Boy Who Flew Too Close to the Sun from Storynory
- The Hare and the Tortoise from Storynory
- The Princess and the Pea from Storynory
- Zoo Dudes Part 1 from Wireless Theatre Kids
- Baa Baa Black Sheep from StoryPhones
- Incey Wincey Spider from StoryPhones
- The Listening Song from StoryPhones
- French Greetings Song verse 1 from the Language Factory
- Friends, My friends - song from Little Beaver and the Echo
- Where's My Bear - song from Where's My Teddy
- Funky Monkey from Sticky Kids
- Night Bird—sing along song from The Owl Who Was Afraid of the Dark
- Watch Out! - action game to sing along to from Sir Charlie Stinky Socks
- Ros Bayley's Bean Bag Rap from Lawrence Educational
- Ros Bayley's Action Rap from Lawrence Educational
- Tallulas Atishoo song by Neil Griffiths
- Creatures so Rare from Education Through Music
- Minibeasts from Education Through Music
- Pollution from Education Through Music
- Shapes from Education Through Music
- The Warm Up Song from Melody Treehouse
- What is Your Name French song from Languagenut
- Listening Games
- British Wild Animal Sounds Game from StoryPhones
- British Wild Animal What Am I Game from StoryPhones
- Each player including the Remote Console can be set up to play a different set of tracks so seven children can listen to a different activity at the same time.
- Remote Control feature for group listening, great for child and adult led activities.
- StoryPhones BookShelf software, with media play, file storage, audio management, play list creation, tag editing, children's mode, training videos and help file.
- Download the same track to multiple headsets.
- Site license for your establishment allowing you to share your audio resources throughout your establishment.
- Exclusive access to Bookshelf the educational download store. We are constantly adding new resources!
- Loud speaking MP3 player with record feature - the "Remote Console".
- Rechargeable batteries.
- Multi-way USB base unit for recharging batteries and uploading tracks.
- Ability to set players into different modes and settings to suit the needs of your children:
- Automatic Play Control with rewind feature. (learn more) (learn less)
When the StoryPhones Headsets are set up into Automatic Play mode, a motion sensor takes over the controls. When a child picks up the Headset, it will start
to play automatically, and when they put it down it will automatically pause the track. When a Headset is picked up again, the unique rewind feature rewinds the track
for 40 seconds which means that none of the story or vital parts of a listening game are lost.
- Disabling Function Buttons. (learn more) (learn less)
You can disable all of the function buttons including the record feature via your software. You can set the players into Automatic
Play mode and then disable any of the control buttons to suit the needs of your children or the listening activity. The StoryPhones Players can go from
totally automatic play to complete access to all control buttons.
- Remote Console and Remote Control Mode. (learn more) (learn less)
The Remote Console is a loud speaking, recording MP3 player. It can also become the remote control for the StoryPhones system. The
remote control mode is set up through the StoryPhones BookShelf software and links any number of Headset players to the Remote Console.
When your Headsets are set up in this mode, the Remote Console takes over the control of the function buttons on
the Headsets. This allows everyone to listen along at the same time.
- Play Single Track. (learn more) (learn less)
When the players are set into this mode, they play one track then automatically pause. The next track will only play when the green
play button is pressed on the Headset or Remote Console. This is a very useful feature when used in conjunction with listening games, comprehension
tasks and treasure hunts.
- Adding the same track to multiple players. (learn more) (learn less)
It is simple to add the same tracks to all players at the same time by selecting "All StoryPhones" in the BookShelf software and then
choosing the tracks. The tracks will be copied over to all players that are in the Base Unit.
- Play MP3 or WAV files from any source.
- Output to drive a loud-speaker or PA system.
- Switch control for up to two switch devices.
- Headphone output for adult wired earphones
- Volume mute feature.
- Compatible with most MP3 and WAV recorders.
- Import MP3 files from other sources.
- Free two year warranty.
- Free technical and customer support.
- Resource newsletter and free audio resources.
So What Does This Mean?
It means that you and your children will have an easy and flexible way of using audio resources and listening
can now become part of your children's everyday learning experience. If you would like to learn more about
StoryPhones, you can phone 0845 652 0906 and we will be delighted to chat to you.
Click an item below to find out more!
How does StoryPhones fit with my curriculum?